We Keep It Confidential!
Each engagement is governed by our exclusive confidentiality agreement. Because of the nature of our services, we will learn a great deal about your businesses, but this information is to remain with us. All of our services are governed by an Accountant / Client Confidentiality agreement. And excerpt of this agreement is below:
“BE IT KNOWN, that the Client has or shall furnish to the Undersigned certain confidential information, described on attached list, and may further allow suppliers, customers, employees or representatives of the Client, to disclose information to the Undersigned, all on the following conditions.
1. The Undersigned agrees to hold all confidential or proprietary information or trade secrets (“information”) in trust and confidence and agrees that it shall be used only for the contemplated purpose, and shall not be used for any other purpose or disclosed to any third party under any circumstances whatsoever.
2. No copies may be made or retained of any written information supplied.
3. At the conclusion of our discussions, or upon demand by the Company, all information, including written notes, photographs, or memoranda shall be promptly returned to the Client. Undersigned shall retain no copies or written documentation relating thereto.
4. This information shall not be disclosed to any employee, consultant or third party unless said party agrees to execute and be bound by the terms of this agreement, and disclosure by Client is first approved.
5. It is understood that the Undersigned shall have no obligation with respect to any information known by the Undersigned or as may be generally known within the industry prior to date of this agreement or that shall become common knowledge within the industry thereafter.
6. The Undersigned acknowledges the information disclosed herein is proprietary or trade secrets and in the event of any breach, the Client shall be entitled to injunctive relief as a cumulative and not necessarily successive or exclusive remedy to a claim for monetary damages.
7. This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns.
8. This constitutes the entire agreement.”